 |
| Birthday celebration |
So after Taipei, which was soo soo fun figuring stuff out on my own, came my birthday. Turning 23 was super uneventful. My boss bought me a cake which was really nice of her. Chocolate cake just is not the same here as it is in America. I miss dense American cake. Oh one of my kids, Tina, also brought me a piece of paper folded up with my name on it. Inside was three pieces of candy for my birthday present. It was soo cute!Friday night we went to McDonalds for my birthday. You know your in a foreign country when McDonalds smells good to you.
 |
| Birthday Present from Tina |
Saturday we went to Costco, I bought myself Costco muffins and string cheese for my birthday present. Eating Costco pizza was pretty delicious. But still did not make it seem like my birthday.
Sunday I went to church and we had break the fast. Someone brought brownies which made my day. I spent the day skyping with different family members and for dinner I had a Costco muffin and a string cheese. Happy Birthday to me..
Since my birthday weekend was uneventful I thought I would also share some funny stories of the last two months with my kids in class. So bodily functions are like not even a thing here in Taiwan. People fart and burp all the time with out saying excuse me. Kids let sbd's out all the time and the room will just reek and no one will admit to it. I'm like dude, if mine was that bad I would probably own up to it. (Sorry mom I'm not being very lady like again..) So this one day in class, I had pretty bad gas, and I let it out. It was supposed to be silent. But it bounced off my wooden chair and was very loud, right next to some kids that were playing on their break. The best part is that the kids didn't even flinch! In America anyone would have looked at me and made a face and said ewww gross.. I know, It happened to me once in 7th grade. But these kids did not even look up from their game! I silently laughed to myself.
 |
| Birthday Cake |
Oh there was also this one time Daniel, one of my kids, raised his hand as said, "Teacher! Can I go poo poo?" First I laughed. and then I said, Daniel you can just ask me to go to the bathroom. You don't need to say poo poo. Another time I told Candy to hurry up if she wanted to go to the bathroom. She said but teacher! It's poo poo! These kids are very open with me.

Another time was when Kent came to school and took out the UNO cards and started teaching Daniel how to play Black Jack. How does a 9 year old kid know how to play Black Jack?? I was so confused the whole day about that.
 |
| Costco Muffin, happy Birthday to me! |
There was this one time I was really sick. I still had to teach because no one can cover my classes, but I was not feeling good at all. The kids kept arguing with me and I lost my temper and yelled at them enough to scare them. They looked pretty scared. I felt super bad after. But after class the two boys I was most angry at, said bye to me and then as I got on my bike to go home, five of them came around me and hugged me goodbye. I love kids and how forgiving they can be. That is the best part of my job. :) It made my day
No comments:
Post a Comment